Tense? Chiropractic and TENS May be a Winning Combination
Muscle tension is debilitating, no matter what level it affects you at. It can lead to everything from personal discomfort to serious nervous system issues, a reduced range of motion, and even semi-permanent mobility restrictions. If you’re experiencing regular bouts of extreme muscle tension, it’s time for a trip to the chiropractor.
At Advanced Spine and Posture, our chiropractic practitioners in Las Vegas, NV have all sorts of tools at their disposal to reduce and alleviate muscle tension – especially since we rely on Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) to individualize all treatments. Not many of our Las Vegas patients anticipate getting hooked up for electrical stimulation, however!
Explore the benefits of TENS
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) is a healthcare treatment methodology that involves transmitting low levels of electrical stimulation directly through a patient’s skin. There are no known side-effects to TENS treatment and it is non-addictive.
This technology is relatively new in the medical field, which means there’s still a lot of research that needs to be conducted about its effectiveness and potential side-effects. With that said, there’s strong anecdotal evidence that TENS therapy, especially when coupled with traditional chiropractic care, is an exceptionally effective means of pain treatment.
Here are just some of the early anecdotal benefits of using a TENS system you should discuss with your chiropractor:
- Pain relief: One of the most notable benefits of TENS is it’s capability to alleviative even chronic pain, especially when coupled with another treatment modality, like massage therapy or chiropractic care.
- Inflammation reduction: TENS, at least according to some studies, is capable of reducing inflammation. The stimulation caused by the light, painless electrical current a TENS unit produces may help improve blood flow around the affected area.
- Non-invasive: Compared with other pain management therapies – which may involve surgery or other, more invasive options – TENS is exceptionally non-invasive. It’s a lower risk treatment modality than direct injections and carries less risk than chronic prescriptions.
In addition to the physical benefits associated with TENS stimulation, there are also several hallmarks that make it a favorite treatment approach of chiropractors.
- Non-addictive: Unlike opioid-based pain management solutions, TENS systems are completely non-addictive. This means you can use your TENS unit as much as you want, without having to worry about developing dependency.
- Compact and portable: TENS units aren’t large, cumbersome devices that have to be used in a medical office. In fact, TENS units are small and compact enough to carry around and take with you, wherever you go. This means you can comfortably travel with a treatment option for muscle cramps and nerve pain flare-ups.
- Affordable: You may think the cost of a TENS unit is prohibitively expensive. The fact is, they are actually relatively affordable. Many mid-range models sit around $200. You may even be able to get your insurance company to help foot the bill!
At Advanced Spine and Posture, we advocate all non-invasive pain options when helping patients address muscle pain. We love to extol the benefits of TENS to our Las Vegas, NV patients – especially as part of their Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) wellness plan.
Contact us today to learn more about this technology or to schedule an appointment to have your muscle pain; nerve pain; or muscle soreness evaluated by our qualified professionals.
Chiropractic BioPhysics, or CBP, is one of the most scientific, researched, and results-oriented corrective care techniques. CBP-trained chiropractors aim to realign the spine back to health, eliminating nerve interference and addressing the source of pain, fatigue, and disease. As with all chiropractic care, CBP is gentle, painless, and non-invasive.