Have you slipped, fallen, or been otherwise injured at work? Our Midtown Team can help you recover.
Workplace injuries and accidents are extremely common, especially in environments that don’t provide ergonomic support. Ergonomics is a form of workplace design that helps to make workers more efficient and comfortable in the workplace. For most, this means comfortable seating, designated standing and sitting time, providing new and functional equipment, creating opportunities for breaks and a change of activity, and meeting unique physical needs.
When a workplace is not ergonomically sound, or doesn’t protect employees against accidents like slips, missteps, falls, and other environmental hazards, this can lead to both chronic and acute pain. Acute pain often occurs immediately after an accident or injury, whereas chronic pain can begin at any stage after the injury—including months or years after the actual incident.
If an injury resulting from a workplace accident is not treated immediately after the incident and allowed sufficient time for rest and healing, it’s not unusual for pain to arise after the initial “recovery” time-frame and progressively worsen.
Sprains, strains, misalignment, impact, inflammation, and degenerative changes caused by an injury often worsen with time when not treated immediately. This can cause the damage from the initial injury to become compounded, requiring more intensive treatment when it is finally addressed.
Examples of workplace injuries include:
- Exposure to toxic environmental substances
- Fire or explosions
- Muscle strain
- Struck by an object or other person
- Violence from people or animals
Common environments and factors that contribute to workplace accidents:
- Alcohol present in the workplace
- Being struck by items falling from a vehicle or raised level
- Collapsing structures
- Falling from a vehicle or vehicles moving at a high speed
- Falling items, tools, debris, and materials
- Flammable materials or fluids incorrectly stored
- Hazardous chemicals laying out or unguarded
- Heavy objects required to be lifted manually
- Lifting, pushing, carrying, throwing, prolonged standing
- Oily, wet, dirty, or icy floors
- Poorly guarded or operated machinery
- Repetitive work with no breaks
- Unprotected sides or holes in the floor, poor lighting, clutter
- Unsecured ladders, roofs, or construction areas
- Wildlife or human interaction
If you’ve been injured in the workplace, Advanced Spine and Posture of Las Vegas Midtown can help. When you book your first appointment with our wellness specialists, we begin with a comprehensive assessment to determine the source of your pain. This includes a visual and state of the art digital analysis, a complete set of x-rays, and a request for your wellness history. Whether your injury was recent or months or years in the past, it is important to convey the details of the event and healing process to your wellness professionals.
With a complete understanding of your current symptoms and past experiences, our team of expert chiropractors, physical therapists, and other care experts will create a fully customized treatment plan to address all of your wellness needs and get you back to living your life pain-free. Book your appointment today.