Specializing in pain relief and restoring mobility, our team of physical therapists can tackle any minor to chronic issue with positive results.
While it is similar to chiropractic care, physical therapy is a form of wellness treatment that often focuses on recovery after injury, accident, or surgery.
Physical therapy is typically recommended when an individual is in the process of gaining or regaining control over a specific part of their body or acquiring a new tool used to help facilitate physical movement. Oftentimes, this means when someone is adjusting to an artificial limb, receiving or removing a splint or brace, learning to use a cane, managing a chronic condition that affects their bodily function, recovering after birth or pregnancy, and rehabilitating from an accident, injury, or surgery.
Conditions that can benefit from physical therapy:
- Cardiopulmonary conditions (i.e., chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis and post-myocardial infarction heart failure)
- Hand conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and trigger finger
- Health and pelvic floor dysfunction (i.e., urinary incontinence and lymphedema)
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction (i.e., back pain, rotator cuff tears, and temporomandibular joint disorders)
- Neurological conditions (i.e., stroke, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, vestibular dysfunction, and traumatic brain injuries)
- Pediatric conditions like cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy
- Skin conditions or injuries like burns, wound care, and diabetic ulcers
- Sports-related injuries (i.e., concussions, tennis elbow)
How do I choose?
Ideally, choosing between chiropractic care and physical therapy shouldn’t be necessary. At Advanced Spine & Posture in Lansing, MI, our individualized assessment will help our expert team determine which form of treatment is most beneficial for you. As we explore your conditions, symptoms, and wellness goals, it will become clear during your diagnostic appointment what kind of care is most appropriate and beneficial for your body.
Additionally, Advanced Spine & Posture doesn’t want you to have to choose!
If you would be best benefited by both physical therapy and chiropractic care, your wellness experts will help to craft a plan that utilizes both forms of treatment. Because our wellness experts are all accessible at the same location, we have streamlined the approach of multi-faceted, multi-purpose care to ensure that whatever treatment your body needs is available to you.
Our objective at Advanced Spine & Posture of Lansing, MI is to provide you with the highest quality of care as possible under one roof. This is not only convenient and practical for you, but also ensures that you receive the most effective, tailored, and customized treatment possible. We believe that each and every patient will benefit from receiving the input of a variety of wellness professionals, all of whom can contribute to your highest level of well-being from their unique place of expertise.