4 Things To Do for Better Spine Health
Back pain can significantly affect our everyday lives by causing us a lot of suffering. However, if we would focus more on prevention, particularly taking better care of our spines, then we could potentially avoid the unnecessary suffering that back pain can cause.
But what if the pain has already occurred and you are currently experiencing back pain? There are still some things you can do. In the following, we will review a few simple tips for improving your spine health. These tips can help you either prevent back pain or speed up your recovery.
#1. Pay Attention To Your Ergonomics
When your body works in a not ergonomically friendly way, it causes extra pressure on your spine and other joints through awkward postures and repeated movements. Ultimately, this can lead to damage and wear that could be avoided by paying attention to your ergonomics. Don’t wait until the pain appears. Focus on having optimal posture and keeping your spine aligned by following these tips:
- Sleep in optimal position: Unfortunately, many people don’t pay attention to their sleep position until they recognize how it can affect their spine health. Try to choose a firmer mattress that provides support for your spine’s curves during sleep. Also, if it’s necessary, consider using pillows to uphold your legs and spine.
- Pay attention to your sitting position: When you sit, support your low back and don’t allow your head, shoulders, and upper back to slouch. Plus, avoid sitting for long hours during the day without getting up- rather, take a break regularly.
Since our bodies and spines are designed to move, leading an inactive lifestyle can result in poor tissue health, including the onset of various symptoms, such as stiffness, and pain. This is why it’s crucial to exercise regularly to keep the spine healthy. If you want to design a balanced exercise program, make sure to include these elements:
- Core strengthening exercises
- Stretching to improve flexibility
- Cardio 2-3 times a week for optimal weight and better circulation
- Strength training with good form for ideal muscle balance
Additionally, make sure to wear appropriate gear while exercising. For example, it’s worth investing in a pair of supportive shoes and comfortable workout clothes.
#3. Manage Your Stress Properly
Stress can have many negative effects on your body, including a higher risk for a back injury. To manage your stress properly and avoid the damage it can cause to your body, focus on incorporating the following activities into your life:
- Set time aside for regular self-care
- Practice mindfulness
- Exercise regularly
- Make the right lifestyle choices when it comes to your eating habits, sleep, relationships, etc.
#4. Seek Regular Chiropractic Care
If you need some help with these tips we just discussed, consider seeing a holistic health provider like a chiropractor, who understands how you can benefit from paying special attention to your spine health. Just to mention a few, seeking regular chiropractic care can bring you the following benefits:
- Have your spine checked regularly for misalignments
- Better nerve flow secondary to spine adjustments
- Getting recommendations to help you live your life to the fullest
- And more!
Get Professional Guidance for Better Spine Health
Focusing on spine health and having your spine optimally aligned is extremely important when it comes to living a healthy life. Get professional guidance from a chiropractor – preferably from one who is specialized in Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) – for boosting your spine health.
If you happen to live in Las Vegas, NV, or the nearby area, the team at Advanced Spine and Posture is certified in the evidence-based protocols of CBP. Give the clinic a call today and feel your absolute best thanks to holistic chiropractic care.